The English Department would like to extend our thanks to all our students in Year 7, 8 and 9 and their families who have changed the lives of so many people in the UK, suffering with poor housing or homelessness.
Your generosity in response to the Readathon event last term has been truly astounding and the total amount raised for the charity Shelter is an amazing £2100.37. The Shelter Education Team will be in school in the summer term to provide workshops for students that will allow them to see exactly how their donation is being spent and the positive impact it will have on struggling families and individuals in 2019. Through working together for the common good in this way, bringing to life the gospel val-
ues, our students live and breathe our mission statement as valuable members of our community. The students’ devotion to being faith-filled and hopeful last half term will now bear fruit for the families who will
benefit from their generosity.
In 2017/18, people came to Shelter for the following reasons:
- 22% heeded help dealing with the poor conditions of their home .
- 49% were struggling to cope on a day-to-day basis
- 44% were having trouble with a tenancy, landlord or letting agent
- 41% needed help with their finances
- 18% lived in an unsate house or area
- 48% were facing eviction or repossession
- 46% were fooking for somewhere new to live