Our priority is as always, the wellbeing of our staff and those women and children who need our service. We have been looking at measures to enable us to protect the wellbeing of our staff whilst continuing to provide a service to the women and children requiring support. Due to the unprecedented nature of the circumstances, we are having to stress test how we offer certain services. We are however continuing to provide support as safely as possible to women and children affected by Domestic Abuse.
BSWA will be now be entering into a phase of remote working for all of our services.
• BSWA refuges are fully open. Checking for space is through helpline 0808 800 0028
• The Birmingham Drop-in services will be closing by the end of the week and alternative telephone support is accessed via 0808 800 0028
• Any women needing support who would have approached the Solihull Drop-in centres can call: 07891492327
• Our Freephone Helpline is operational as normal. 0808 800 0028
• Any women at risk of homelessness as a result of domestic violence and abuse in Birmingham can call the Housing Options Hub: 0808 169 9604
• All meetings coordinated / hosted/attended by BSWA will move to a digital platform where possible or be postponed until further notice
Thank you for bearing with us during this time. Hope you are all keeping safe.